Affordable Dental Care for Your Entire Family in Red Deer
When it comes to your oral health, you want to find reliable, qualified professionals who can cater to the dental care needs of your entire family.
Since provincial healthcare does not cover the cost of dental services, you usually have one of three choices:
- Rely on your employer to provide dental care benefits
- Buy your own dental insurance coverage
- Finance your dental expenses
- Pay for all the dental services entirely on your own
Our Dentists Follow the Alberta Dental Fee Guide at our Clinic in Red Deer
Until very recently, there was no provincial fee guide in Alberta. Thus, dental fees varied between different dental offices. In response to rising dental fees and significant differences in fees charged in Alberta vs other provinces, in 2018, the Alberta Dental Association and College released Alberta's first dental fee guide in over 20 years. This guide recommends an 8.5% decrease in the fees of most common dental procedures, compared with the 2016 rates.
At Parkland Mall Dental Centre, our team has been voluntarily following the Alberta Dental Association Fee Guide to provide reasonable dental care services to residents in and around Red Deer. Following is a snapshot of what this guide means for you.
Everything You Need to Know About the Alberta Dental Association Fee Guide
The guide has been designed as a reference point to help dentists determine their fees, insurers to set appropriate coverage levels and consumers to select a fairly-priced dental service.
- The Guide is Only for Reference: The document suggests costs for over 1,600 elements related to different treatments. These have been coded along with a description and fee structure for each code. However, it is not mandatory for dentists to follow the guide or fee schedule.
- Dental Fees Depend on Several Factors: While dentists have to adhere to the highest standards of patient care, they are also responsible for all the associated costs related to the regulatory standards and safety protocols. From sterilized equipment and trained and licensed staff, to the clinic's location and external testing costs, every dentist may have varying overheads for running their practice. All these costs go into determining what they charge for their services.
- You Can Ask Your Dentist for A Cost Estimate: Any dentist will need to discuss your concerns, examine your mouth and review your health history before recommending a treatment. While your dentist discusses the treatment options with you, do not hesitate to review your alternatives, ask about the extent of care required, and request an estimate of the expenses. While it will only be an indicative cost, you may be able to compare it with the fee guide to understand if you are going to pay a reasonable price for the treatment.
Enjoy Reliable Family Dental Care Services in Red Deer
Keeping in mind the high costs associated with neglect of your dental health, at Parkland Mall Dental Centre, we advise our patients to follow a disciplined approach to oral hygiene. Healthy dental habits such as brushing twice a day, flossing daily, avoiding sugary drinks and smoking, and eating teeth-friendly foods may help in reducing the frequency of your hygiene appointments. For other dental care needs which are unavoidable, you can rest assured that we charge fair prices as recommended by the Alberta Dental Association Fee Guide.
We provide complete dental care treatments at Parkland Mall Dental Centre. To book an appointment, call us at 403-342-1118 or contact us online. We welcome new dental patients of all ages.